DescriptionAdd to favorites
In order to consistently provide you with delicious, award-winning pork, we take meticulous care in raising our hogs.
We select hogs from a cross of heritage breeds including Duroc, Chester White and Berkshire. This combination provides ideal characteristics to raise our hogs the traditional way, such as:
- Exceptional mothering for their young, which provides a nurturing environment.
- A natural hardiness for outdoor pasture-raising – their natural habitat.
- Extraordinary marbling, which contributes to juicy, tender pork.
Our hogs are raised on small, family farms in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states of the U.S. and are fed a 100% vegetarian diet. We NEVER use gestation crates or farrowing crates – EVER. We also never give them hormones or antibiotics – EVER, keeping both our hogs and your family happy.
We also believe the environment in which our hogs are raised is incredibly important. Our animals are raised outdoors or in deeply bedded pens where they are able to express their natural instinctive behaviors, like rooting and roaming.
We are proud of our pork program – superior genetics, high quality diet and strict raising protocols result in the unbelievably tender, juicy pork that chefs and home cooks love.
Find out more by reading our raising protocols.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR PORK PROGRAM:
- Heritage breeds raised with traditional, sustainable farming methods.
- Raised outside on pasture or in deeply bedded pens.
- Only fed a 100% vegetarian diet.
- Never given hormones or antibiotics – EVER.
- Raised with Care.